Dr. Rebecca Kazin is a Board-Certified Dermatologist with almost of decade of experience running a Cosmetic Center as the Medical Director of the Johns Hopkins Dermatology and Cosmetic Center. While at Johns Hopkins, she was responsible for training all Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Residents and Fellows in Cosmetic Dermatology.
Because of her extensive experience as an injector, she was selected to be on a National Team of Physicians who lecture and train other Dermatologists and Surgeons on the proper techniques for injectable therapy. She was elected “Top Doc in Cosmetic Dermatology” by her peers two years in a row (2012, 2013).
A native of Baltimore, where she was awarded a scholarship to pursue her Medical Degree at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and she graduated top 3 in her class. Dr. Kazin completed her residency training in both Internal Medicine and Dermatology at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, where she served as Chief Resident.
Dr. Kazin has authored several manuscripts and book chapters on Dermatology, Internal Medicine, and Plastic Surgery, and is featured on television, radio, and print including the Baltimore Sun, Wall Street Journal, and National Public Radio. She is an invited lecturer at the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery annual conference and sits on committees on the American Academy of Dermatology and Women’s Dermatologic Society.
She is an active member of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and American Society for Lasers in Medicine.
Honors & Awards:
- Awarded Teaching Award by the Johns Hopkins Dermatology Senior Residents – 2014
- Baltimore’s Top Doc in Cosmetic Dermatology – 2012, 2013
- Johns Hopkins at Green Spring Station Board of Governors
- Vice President, Maryland Dermatologic Society
- Johns Hopkins Cosmetic Patient Safety Program
- American Academy of Dermatology Leadership Program
- Chief Resident, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Dept. of Dermatology
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society Member
- American Medical Women’s Association Achievement Citation, U of MD School of Medicine
- L. Hummel Memorial Award for Excellence in Internal Medicine, U of MD School of Medicine