Dr. Peters graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Davidson College as a Duke Endowment Merit Scholar. She pursued her medical education at the University of Maryland School of Medicine on scholarship from the Baltimore City Medical Society Foundation. She was elected to membership of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society her junior year, served as Vice-President of the Maryland Beta Chapter her senior year and graduated at the top of her class.
Dr. Peters completed residency at Duke University Medical Center where she served as resident chairperson for the 34th Annual Southeastern Consortium for CME in Dermatology. During her residency, she was granted a Mentorship Award from the Women’s Dermatologic Society and studied with Dr. Tina Alster of the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery.
Following her residency, Dr. Peters joined the dermatology faculty at Duke University where she treated a broad spectrum of dermatologic conditions and instructed medical students and dermatology residents. She subsequently completed her training with a comprehensive fellowship in laser surgery at the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery.
She joined the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery in 2012. As an associate, Dr. Peters’ focus is patient care. She is dedicated to providing the highest-quality skin care using state-of-the-art technology and the most advanced techniques to customize every treatment to meet each of her individual patient’s needs.
Dr. Peters’ professional memberships include the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), the Washington D.C. Dermatological Society, and the Women’s Dermatologic Society (WDS).
Honors & Awards:
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), Cosmetic Dermatology Resident Scholarship, 2010
- Advanced Resident Training & Education (ARTE) in Dermatology Scholarship, Orlando Dermatology Aesthetic & Clinical Conference, 2010
- Women’s Dermatologic Society (WDS), Mentorship Award, 2010
- Cosmetic Surgery Forum, Cosmetic Surgery Forum Conference Grant, 2009
- Baltimore City Medical Society Foundation, Baltimore City Medical Society Foundation Scholarship, 2006
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) National Medical Society, Maryland Beta Chapter, 2006
- Phi Beta Kappa, Davidson College, 2003
- Duke Endowment Merit Scholar, Davidson College, 2001– 2003