Dr. Terrence Keaney
Dr. Terrence Keaney is a board-certified dermatologist with specialized training in cutaneous laser and dermatologic surgery. Dr. Keaney graduated from University of Virginia School of Medicine at the top of his class as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha national medical honor society. He completed a dermatology clinical research fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and his dermatology residency at the University of Miami (FL).
Dr. Keaney has authored and published several peer-reviewed journal articles in such publications as the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology and the Journal of Investigative Dermatology. He has presented his research findings at multiple dermatology conferences including the American Society of Dermatopathology and the Society of Investigational Dermatology. Dr. Keaney has been actively involved in the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) serving as the resident member on the AAD Core Curriculum Task Force and the AAD Council of Government Affairs, Health Policy, and Practice.
During his dermatology residency training, Dr. Keaney quickly recognized the lack of academic study and clinical care being provided to male aesthetic patients. Seminars, lectures, and academic publications regarding concepts of beauty and cosmetic enhancement invariably focused on female patients. By understanding that the anatomical and behavioral differences between men and women require specialized study and clinical approach, Dr. Keaney has positioned himself to be a leader in the study of gender differences in aesthetic dermatology. His ideas and clinical approach to the male patient have been featured in Cosmetic Surgery Times and further discussed during his presentation as an invited speaker at the 2012 American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Summer meeting. Dr. Keaney is a member of American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) and the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD).
- Honors & Awards:
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), National Honor Medical Society, 2008
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) Preceptorship Award, 2011
- Advanced Resident Training & Education (ARTE) in Dermatology Scholarship Recipient, 2012
- AADA Legislative Conference, Resident Scholarship Award, 2011
- American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP) Mentorship Award, 2011
- Clinical Research Fellow, UCSF Department of Dermatology, 2007-2008
- Principal Investigator: Dr. John Koo
- Academic All Atlantic Coast Conference, 1998-2002
- Undergraduate Research Support (URS) Grant Recipient, Duke University, 2001-2002
- Varsity Lacrosse Letter Winner, Duke University, 1998-2002
- All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Tournament Lacrosse Team, 2002