Terrence Keaney, M.D., is a Board certified dermatologist with specialized training in cutaneous laser, hair, and dermatologic surgery. Dr. Terrence Keaney graduated from University of Virginia Medical school at the top of his class as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha national medical honor society. His dermatology training was comprehensive and included residency at the University of Miami (FL), a clinical research fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), and a fellowship in laser surgery at the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery.
Dr. Terrence Keaney is a member of American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), the Washington, DC Dermatological Society, and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS). He has been appointed to multiple leadership positions serving on the AAD Core Curriculum Task Force, the AAD Council of Government Affairs, Health Policy, and Practice (GAHPP), and the ASDS Patient Education Work Group.
Dr. Terrence Keaney is a pioneer in sex-specific dermatology. His innovative gender-specific approach to treatment provides superior results for both men and women. To increase dermatologic care provided to men, Dr. Keaney spearheaded the launch of the nation’s first cosmetic, hair, and laser surgery center for men. His expertise has made him a frequent speaker at medical professional meetings and in the media with features in Town & Country Magazine, The Washingtonian, Esquire Magazine, Details Magazine, Fox News, and the Washington Business Journal – ABC.
Honors & Awards:
- Assistant Clinical Professor, George Washington University Hospital
- Director of the Laser and Lipoatrophy Clinic, Washington DC Veterans Affairs (VA) Hospital
- Future Leaders Network, American Society for Dermatologic Laser Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), National Honor Medical Society, 2008
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) Preceptorship Award, 2011
- Advanced Resident Training & Education (ARTE) in Dermatology Scholarship Recipient, 2012
- AADA Legislative Conference, Resident Scholarship Award, 2011
- American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP) Mentorship Award, 2011
- Clinical Research Fellow, UCSF Department of Dermatology, 2007-2008
- Principal Investigator: Dr. John Koo
- Academic All Atlantic Coast Conference, 1998-2002
- Undergraduate Research Support (URS) Grant Recipient, Duke University, 2001-2002
- Varsity Lacrosse Letter Winner, Duke University, 1998-2002
- All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Tournament Lacrosse Team, 2002