Dr. Terrence Keaney
Dr. Terrence Keaney is a board-certified dermatologist with specialized training in cutaneous laser and dermatologic surgery. Dr. Keaney graduated from University of Virginia School of Medicine at the top of his class as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha national medical honor society. His dermatology training was comprehensive and included residency at the University of Miami (FL), a clinical research fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), and a fellowship in laser surgery at the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery.
Dr. Keaney has authored and published several peer-reviewed journal articles in such publications as Dermatologic Surgery, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Journal of Investigative Dermatology, and Cutis. He has been an invited speaker at multiple dermatology conferences including the American Academy of Dermatology Annual and Summer Meetings, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting, and Winter Clinical Dermatology Conference.
Dr. Keaney is a member of American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), the Washington, DC Dermatological Society, and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS). He has been appointed to multiple leadership positions serving on the AAD Core Curriculum Task Force, the AAD Council of Government Affairs, Health Policy, and Practice (GAHPP), and the ASDS Patient Education Work Group.
Dr. Keaney spearheaded the launch of the nation’s first cosmetic and dermatologic laser surgery center for men. Dr. Keaney’s goal is to expand the academic study and clinical care provided to male dermatology patients.
Honors & Awards:
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), National Honor Medical Society, 2008
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) Preceptorship Award, 2011
- Advanced Resident Training & Education (ARTE) in Dermatology Scholarship Recipient, 2012
- AADA Legislative Conference, Resident Scholarship Award, 2011
- American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP) Mentorship Award, 2011
- Clinical Research Fellow, UCSF Department of Dermatology, 2007-2008
- Principal Investigator: Dr. John Koo
- Academic All Atlantic Coast Conference, 1998-2002
- Undergraduate Research Support (URS) Grant Recipient, Duke University, 2001-2002
- Varsity Lacrosse Letter Winner, Duke University, 1998-2002
- All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Tournament Lacrosse Team, 2002