As internationally-recognized experts in the field of laser and cosmetic dermatology, the physicians at the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery are often asked to serve as an expert source for local and national media outlets. Our physicians have published over 450 scientific papers and textbooks, and are on the faculty at Johns Hopkins and Georgetown University.
Many of the most popular laser and cosmetic dermatologic techniques available today are based on research performed at the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery including laser skin resurfacing, hair removal, and the treatment of birthmarks, scars, and tattoos. New fillers and topical skin creams are also evaluated for safety and efficacy. Data generated at the Institute is used by the FDA in its evaluation of novel technology. At any time, multiple clinical studies are ongoing at the Institute.
- Board-certified fellows of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Faculty positions at Georgetown University, Duke University and Johns Hopkins University
- Certified Advanced Physicians and Educators for Fraxel/Thermage (Solta), Candela, Cynosure and Syneron Lasers
- Medical Education Faculty for Medicis (Dysport/Restylane), Allergan (Botox/Juvederm), and Merz (XEOMIN, Radiesse)
- Elite Status (Platinum Plus) for Allergan (Botox/Juvederm) and Medicis (Dysport/Restylane)
- Advanced Botox Education Faculty Member – Invitation only
- Advanced Radiesse Faculty Training – Invitation only
- Advanced Dysport Education Faculty Member – Invitation only
For media inquiries or to learn more about our current clinical studies, please contact us at 202-628-8855.