LATISSE solution is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker. Eyelash hypotrichosis is another name for inadequate or sparse eyelashes. Schedule a consultation at Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgey to see if Latisse is right for you.
Over the years, many people experience eyelash thinning. LATISSE can more than double your lash line in 16 weeks! It works gradually…. longer lashes are commonly seen after 4 weeks, but to reach maximum length, fullness, and darkness, LATISSE should be applied every day for 16 weeks.
At week 4: Longer lashes are seen
At week 8: Fuller and darker lashes are seen
At week 16: FULL dramatic results
Great eyelashes don’t just happen overnight. That’s why it’s important to note that LATISSE® solution works gradually and remarkably — with full results at week 16. Once you begin, you must continue applying the topical solution each night and follow the directions for best results. If you stop using LATISSE® at any time, your eyelashes will return to their previous appearance over several weeks to months.
Some important do’s and don’ts:
• Do not apply to the lower lid or in the eye and blot excess solution with a tissue.
• Only use the sterile applicators supplied with LATISSE to apply the product.
• Don’t allow the tip of the bottle or applicator to touch fingers or any other unintended surface, as contamination by common bacteria is known to cause infections.
• Remove contact lenses prior to applying LATISSE. Contact lenses may be reinserted 15 minutes afterwards.
• If use of LATISSE is discontinued, lashes will gradually return to their previous appearance.
To make LATISSE treatment as effective as possible, follow these guidelines:
• Try to incorporate it into your nightly routine — for example, after you’ve washed your face and brushed your teeth.
• Store the bottle near your other skin care products or toothbrush, so you won’t forget to apply it each night.
• It takes time to work. Only use it once a night. Use of LATISSE more than once a day will not increase the growth of eyelashes.
• It is best applied to clean skin. Before getting started, be sure to remove makeup and contacts.
• Always use the sterile, disposable, FDA-approved applicator provided in the kit when applying it. Do not try to apply with a cotton swab. Only apply it to the base of upper lashes, not the lower lid.
• Don’t let the tip of the bottle or applicator contact your fingers or any other unintended surface, in order to avoid contamination by common bacteria known to cause infections.
• When you start using the solution, be sure to mark your calendar and take pictures throughout weeks (0, 4, 8, 12, 16), so you can have your own “Before & After Gallery.”